Best of Dogpoet
True Stories by Michael McAllister
- When telling the wrong story nearly got me killed.
- When my husband’s barbershop caught fire.
- A short appreciation of Amy Winehouse, less lucky than others.
- The day I got hitched.
- She left a thin trail of vodka behind her…
- When gays chased a group of youth ministers out of the Castro after the passage of Prop 8, some people asked, “Why?” My emotion-fueled attempt at an answer.
- My new squeeze gets me to speak up.
- A new relationship turns me into a totally different person. Inner mayhem ensues.
- Driving awfully far in the pursuit of sex.
- Butting heads with a patronizing…woman in grad school.
- Trying to make sense of a torturer’s grin.